“Sense shines with a double luster when it is set in humility. An able, yet humble man is a jewel worth a kingdom.” -William Penn
Five character qualities worth pursuing in times of difficulty:
- Trust in God when your hopes are deferred
- Contentment while you’re waiting
- Faithfulness to sow to the future when you’re in tears
- Graciousness when others receive what you would like
- Humility to pray to be a blessing, rather than to receive a blessing 
 Carolyn McCulley, Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred (Wheaton: Crossway Books, 2004), 53.