A few weekends ago, our church hosted Christopher Yuan, a professor from Moody Bible Institute. Before he encountered Christ, Christopher lived for himself; his life involved dealing drugs and indulging homosexual desires. Now, as a Christ follower, Christopher is not immune to the temptations that still accompany his former desires, but he seeks to please Christ rather than himself. He is committed to a life of holiness that involves celibacy and singleness, choosing to fight against sinful desires rather than condoning or embracing them. He majors on the gospel and gives practical insight in how it equips the church to apply the gospel to all forms of sin, whether heterosexual or homosexual perversions. I highly recommend each of the following messages, but would commend the last one to you if you’re only able to listen to one!
You can listen to the audio of their teachings by following these links:
- Session 1: Testimony & Redeeming Biblical Singleness
- This session includes a testimony of Chris’ radical conversion and insight into a life of singleness. He calls the church to be a place that values singleness and integrates singles into the life of the church family.
- Session 2: Ordinary Parents, Extraordinary Father
- This session provided perspective and counsel for parents of wayward children. The Yuans share their story and what they learned about trusting God and displaying His love through years of difficulty with their son Christopher.
- Session 3: Running the Race
- This session emphasized the perseverance we need to live the Christian life faithfully. He gives examples of how we can win the fight with indwelling sin that threatens to draw us away from Christ.
- Sunday Morning Service: A Christian Response to Homosexuality
- This session was included a powerful testimony, accompanied by how the church should respond to those dealing with homosexual thoughts, feelings, or behavior.
10min Video Testimony: